To comply with Anti Money Laundering (AML) regulations and Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements, we have a legal obligation to check ID and proof of Address documents for account holders and company officers.
We will process UK residents through our online ID verification process. UK residents who fail the online ID verification process, and all non-UK residents, will be required to provide proof of ID and proof of address documents by email or post.
What identification proofs are accepted?
Two forms of identification are required (proof of ID and proof of address).
Proof of ID (Please submit any one of the following)
- Passport (not expired)
- Driving licence (photocard only, no provisional license accepted)
- National identity card
- HM Forces identity card
- Employment identification card
- Disabled drivers blue pass
Proof of address (Please submit any one of the following)
The document must be dated within the last three months, and it must show both the person’s name and address.
- HM Revenue and Customs Notice of Coding (preferred)
- Telephone Bill – excluding mobile Bill
- Gas, Water, Electricity Bill
- Mortgage statement
- Council tax bill
- Bank statement
- TV licence
All documents should either be in English or accompanied by an English translation by an Official Sworn Translator.
Who needs to provide identification?
- All Shareholders/Owners of a company/LLP who own more than 25% of a company
- In the case of a Limited by Guarantee Company, we can accept the ID for the Jack Enterprises Ltd t/a Number8 account holder (we do not require ID from all company officers)
- Anyone who is not a Shareholder/Owner of a company using our Business Address service but who wishes to receive and have mail forwarded to them
How to send the ID proof documents to us?
- Email Please scan or take a photo of the document and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will confirm receipt of the required information.
- Post You can also take photocopies of the documents and post it to our address: NUMBER8,The Pavilions,Cranmore Dr Shirley,Solihull B90 4SB, UK